THE USE OF THESE FORMS AND COURSES MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATEYOUR SPECIFIC AND UNIQUE DIVORCE CIRCUMSTANCES. THERE ARE RISKS TO USING THESE FORMS AND COURSES TO COMPLETE YOUR DIVORCE AND IN REPRESENTING YOURSELF IN ANY LEGAL MATTER. THESE FORMS AND COURSES ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE.
YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
These Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute.
EZ Texas provides an online divorce portal to give visitors a general understanding of the law that pertains to divorce and to provide an automated software solution to individuals who choose to prepare their own divorce documents. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered divorce issues. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. EZ Texas is not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an attorney. EZ Texas and its Services are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney.
1. No Legal Advice Provided, Limited Privy of Contract, No Attorney Client Relationship Formed by Use of Site, and Encouragement to Consult an Attorney Prior to Use or Purchase of this course. The Customer understands that EZ Texas hired Nicholas A. Davis with the Davis Legal Group, PLLC to prepare videos and many of the forms for use by EZ Texas. Customer further understands that EZ Texas does not own these materials prepared by Nicholas A. Davis but only maintains a license to use and sell these materials. While Nicholas A. Davis maintains a shareholder interest in EZ Texas, the customer understands that they are not contracting with or hiring Nicholas A. Davis, Davis Legal Group, PLLC, or any other law firm affiliated with Nicholas A. Davis as their attorney or to provide them with legal advice or any other service. The customer understands that Nicholas A. Davis is not providing them with or selling legal advice through the use of EZ Texas’s site and that the customer in no way is retaining or purchasing legal services from Nicholas A. Davis or any other service from him or any affiliated law firm and that no privy of contract or attorney/client relationship exists between Nicholas A. Davis and the Customer. All discussions on the courses, videos, blogs, or forms by either Nicholas A. Davis or any party affiliated with EZ Texas are intended solely as commentary on common divorce procedures and issues encountered in the divorces process and said commentary may address topics such as property & debt issues, child custody, child support, and spousal maintenance issues and are not to be taken as Legal Advice or recommendations to be applied to the customers personal situation. The customer understands that they are encourage to consult an attorney regarding their specific legal issues prior to using these forms to determine if the courses provided by EZ Texas are right for them. The Customer is further encouraged to have the completed divorce forms, provided through EZ Texas, reviewed by an attorney to further determine if these forms as completed by the customer adequately address their specific and unique circumstances. The customer further understands that EZ Texas, Nicholas A. Davis, and any firm associated with Nicholas A. Davis are not providing Tax Advice to the Customer in any way. The customer further understands that they should consult a tax professional regarding any tax implications that may be triggered by the use of these forms.
EZ Texas strives to keep its legal documents accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, EZ Texas cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or divorce tool like the kind EZ Texas provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the divorce information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, EZ Texas may perform certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods, including but not limited to (i) legal plans, (ii) third party attorney directory listings, and (iii) third party limited scope agreements. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with EZ Texas through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of EZ Texas does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and EZ Texas, Nicholas A. Davis, or any firm associated with Nicholas A. Davis. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through EZ Texas's legal document service.
2. Warning Regarding Retirements, Real Estate and Undisclosed Property: The customer understands that EZ Texas does not provide, prepare or give advice on the division of retirements accounts including, but not limited to, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (“QDROS”) which are necessary to divide certain retirements. Some retirements such as Pensions, 401(k)s and other like retirements REQUIRE the use of a QDRO to divide the retirements between spouses. The Agreed Final Decree of Divorce (also referred to as “Final Decree of Divorce,” “Final Decree,” or “Decree”) provided by EZ Texas does not substitute for a QDRO. The QDRO is an additional document that must be obtained by the customer and it MUST be signed by a Judge or the account will not be divided. Failure to obtain a QDRO timely or draft a QDRO properly may cause irreparable harm to the parties. Some plan administrators or benefits departments maintain sample QDROS that the customers can utilize. The customer is advised to obtain preapproval, prior to finalizing their divorce, of the QDRO, as well as the provisions in the Final Decree of Divorce pertaining to dividing retirements by their benefits department, the plan administrator, or any authority responsible for approving the QDRO. The Customer further understands that the division of IRAs (and other similar accounts) often times do not require a QDRO but they do sometimes require special language in the Final Decree of Divorce that addresses the division of the account. The customer is advised to consult with the retirement account agent to obtain approval of the language in the decree prior to finalizing the divorce as well. In general the customer understands that they should obtain approval from their respective retirement plan administrator of the terms in the Final Decree as they pertain to the division of retirement accounts prior to finalizing the divorce. As it pertains to Real Estate, the customer understands that they should use in the Final Decree of Divorce the complete and accurate legal descriptions of real estate when awarding or confirming the property to a spouse. Warning regarding hiding or concealing property: Customer understands that any attempt to conceal property or fail to list property in the Final Decree of Divorce could subject that party to civil and/or criminal liabilities and the property will be subject to future division by the court.
4. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by EZ Texas. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, courses, videos, blogs, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the "Materials") are owned either by EZ Texas or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by EZ Texas, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of EZ Texas's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the "Legal Contact Information" below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. EZ Texas does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by EZ Texas. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by EZ Texas.
6. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than EZ Texas (each a "Third Party Site"). EZ Texas works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with EZ Texas. EZ Texas may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. EZ Texas is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. EZ Texas makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. EZ Texas is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. EZ Texas is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by EZ Texas of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that EZ Texas sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that EZ Texas is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
8. License to Use. EZ Texas grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms and view our courses and other materials for your own personal use. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, upload to other websites, link to other websites, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms or videos in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form, video or other materials obtained from our site.
9. Resale of Forms and Courses Prohibited. By ordering or downloading Forms from our site and viewing or otherwise accessing our courses and other materials, you agree that the Forms you purchase or download and courses and other materials that you have accessed may only be used by you for your personal use and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of EZ Texas.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by emailing our Customer Care Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the unlikely event that the EZ Texas Customer Care Center is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction (or if EZ Texas has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration or in small claims court rather than in a court of general jurisdiction. Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than a court does, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. While in some instances, upfront costs to file an arbitration claim may exceed similar costs to bring a case in court, for any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $5,000, EZ Texas will pay all costs of the arbitration. Moreover, in arbitration you may recover attorney's fees from EZ Texas to the same extent or more as you would in court.
Under certain circumstances (as explained below), EZ Texas will pay you more than the amount of the arbitrator's award and will pay your attorney (if any) his or her reasonable attorney's fees if the arbitrator awards you an amount greater than what EZ Texas offered you to settle the dispute.
You may wish to speak with independent counsel before using this Site or completing any purchase and EZ Texas encourages you to do so.
(a) EZ Texas and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us before a single arbitrator. The types of disputes and claims we agree to arbitrate are intended to be broadly interpreted. It applies, without limitation, to: claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory; claims that arose before these or any prior Terms (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising); claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms. For the purposes of this Arbitration Agreement, references to "EZ Texas," "you," and "us" include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, assigns, Nicholas A. Davis, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or products under these Terms or any prior agreements between us.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court. This arbitration agreement does not preclude your bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and EZ Texas are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. These Terms evidence a transaction or website use in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision will survive termination of these Terms.
(b) A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send, by U.S. certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute ("Notice") to the other party. A Notice to EZ Texas should be addressed to: Davis Law Firm, Attn: Curt Davis, 6932 Main St, Frisco, TX 75033 (the "Notice Address"). The Notice must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (b) set forth the specific relief sought ("Demand"). If EZ Texas and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or EZ Texas may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by EZ Texas or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or EZ Texas is entitled.
You may download or copy a form to initiate arbitration from the AAA website at https://www.adr.org/aaa/faces/services/fileacase/forms.
(c) After EZ Texas receives notice at the Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration, it will promptly reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is determined by EZ Texas to be frivolous or for more than $5,000. (Currently, the filing fee for consumer-initiated arbitrations is $200, but this is subject to change by the arbitration provider. If you are unable to pay this fee, EZ Texas will pay it directly after receiving a written request at the Notice Address) The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, the "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association (the "AAA"), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. (You may obtain information about the arbitration process directed to non-lawyers. The arbitrator is bound by these Terms. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of the arbitration provision and the scope, enforceability, and interpretation of paragraph (f) are for the court to decide. Unless EZ Texas and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county of Denton, TX. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, by a telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If you choose to proceed either in person or by telephone, we may choose to respond only by telephone or submission. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA Rules will determine whether you have a right to a hearing. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings of fact and conclusions of law on which the award is based. The parties agree that in any arbitration of a dispute or claim, neither party will rely for preclusive effect on any award or finding of fact or conclusion of law made in any other arbitration of any dispute or claim to which EZ Texas was a party. Except as otherwise provided for herein, EZ Texas will pay all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated in accordance with the notice requirements above. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse EZ Texas for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek relief valued at more than $5,000 (excluding attorney’s fees and expenses), the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(d) If, after finding in your favor in any respect on the merits of your claim, the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of EZ Texas's last written settlement offer made before an arbitrator was selected, then EZ Texas will: Pay you either the amount of the award or $2,000 ("the alternative payment"), whichever is greater; and pay your attorney reasonable attorney's fees not to exceed $2,000, and reimburse any expenses (including expert witness fees and costs) that your attorney reasonably accrues for investigating, preparing, and pursuing your claim in arbitration not to exceed $1,000 (the "attorney's payment"). If EZ Texas did not make a written offer to settle the dispute before an arbitrator was selected, you and your attorney will be entitled to receive the alternative payment and the attorney's payment stated above, respectively, if the arbitrator awards you any relief on the merits. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees, expenses, and the alternative payment and the attorney's fees at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits. In assessing whether an award that includes attorney’s fees or expenses is greater than the value of EZ Texas’s last written settlement offer, the arbitrator shall include in his or her calculations only the value of any attorney’s fees or expenses you reasonably incurred before EZ Texas’s settlement offer .
(e) The right to attorney's fees and expenses discussed in paragraph (d) supplements any right to attorney's fees and expenses you may have under applicable law. Thus, if you would be entitled to a larger amount under applicable law, this provision does not preclude the arbitrator from awarding you that amount. However, you may not recover duplicative awards of attorney's fees or costs. Although under some laws EZ Texas may have a right to an award of attorney's fees and expenses if it prevails in an arbitration proceeding, EZ Texas will not seek such an award.
(f) The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. YOU AND EZ TEXAS AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITIES AND NOT AS PLAINTIFFS OR CLASS MEMBERS IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR IN THE CAPACITY OF A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. Further, unless both you and EZ Texas agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award any relief that a court could award that is individualized to the claimant and would not affect other customers. Neither you nor we may seek non-individualized relief that would affect other customers. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph's limitations as to a particular claim for relief, then that claim (and only that claim) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court.
(g) If the amount in dispute exceeds $75,000 or either party seeks any form of injunctive relief, either party may appeal the award to a three-arbitrator panel administered by AAA by a written notice of appeal within thirty (30) days from the date of entry of the written arbitration award. An award of injunctive relief shall be stayed during any such appeal. The members of the three-arbitrator panel will be selected according to AAA rules. The three-arbitrator panel will issue its decision within one hundred and twenty (120) days of the date of the appealing party's notice of appeal. The decision of the three-arbitrator panel shall be final and binding, subject to any right of judicial review that exists under the FAA.
(h) Notwithstanding any provision in the applicable Terms to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to any notice address, website link or telephone number provided herein), that change will not apply to any dispute of which we had written notice on the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this arbitration provision, any such termination will not be effective until at least thirty (30) days after written notice of such termination is provided to you, and shall not be effective as to disputes which arose prior to the date of termination.
Rights and Responsibilities of EZ Texas.
EZ Texas is not the publisher or author of the User Content. EZ Texas takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Although we cannot make an absolute guarantee of system security, EZ Texas takes reasonable steps to maintain security. If you have reason to believe system security has been breached, contact us by email for help.
If EZ Texas's technical staff finds that files or processes belonging to a member pose a threat to the proper technical operation of the system or to the security of other members, EZ Texas reserves the right to delete those files or to stop those processes. If the EZ Texas technical staff suspects a user name is being used by someone who is not authorized by the proper user, EZ Texas may temporarily disable that user's access in order to preserve system security. In all such cases, EZ Texas will contact the member as soon as feasible.
EZ Texas has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
Rights and Responsibilities of EZ Texas Users or Other Posters of User Content.
You are legally and ethically responsible for any User Content - writings, files, pictures or any other work - that you post or transmit using any EZ Texas service that allows interaction or dissemination of information. In posting User Content, you agree that you will not submit any content: that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading; that infringes anyone’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
You grant EZ Texas a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, sell, distribute, and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium, or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You have the right to remove any of your works from User Content at any time.
You are not required to provide your real name when signing up as a user of EZ Texas. EZ Texas permits anonymous or pseudonymous accounts. Any user may request that such member's email address be hidden to provide for additional privacy.
13. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, COURSES, VIDEOS AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EZ TEXAS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
EZ TEXAS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, COURSES, VIDEOS, FORMS, COMMENTARY, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, COURSES, VIDEOS, FORMS, COMMENTARY, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, COURSES, VIDEOS, FORMS, COMMENTARY, OR THE MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
THE OBTAINING OF AND ANY USE OF THE MATERIALS THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. EZ TEXAS SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD EZ TEXAS, NICHOLAS A. DAVIS, ANY FIRM AFFILIATED WITH NICHOLAS A. DAVIS, EZ TEXAS’ OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF EZ TEXAS HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF EZ TEXAS, NICHOLAS A. DAVIS, DAVIS LEGAL GROUP PLLC, OR ANY FIRM ASSOCIATED WITH NICHOLAS A. DAVIS, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. IF TEXAS DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THIS PRIOR LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION AS TO THOSE FORMS OF DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
15. Unsolicited Submissions. Except as may be required in connection with your use of EZ Texas’s Services, EZ Texas does not want you to submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this Site or any Applications. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to EZ Texas through or in association with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and EZ Texas's property. By providing such submissions to EZ Texas you hereby assign to EZ Texas, at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. EZ Texas shall be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
16. Compliance with Intellectual Property Laws. When accessing EZ Texas or using the EZ Texas legal documents or courses, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your EZ Texas user account.
EZ Texas has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate removal of any content, article or materials that have infringed on the rights of EZ Texas or of a third party or that violate intellectual property rights generally. EZ Texas's policy is to remove such infringing content or materials and investigate such allegations immediately.
Notice. EZ Texas has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. The Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate suspension and/or termination of any Site or Service user who is found to have infringed the rights of the Company or of a third party, or otherwise violated any intellectual laws or regulations. The Company's policy is to act expeditiously upon receipt of proper notification of claimed copyright infringement to remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing content. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want the Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question, you must provide the Company with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail): (1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site; (3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material; (4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, email address; (5) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The above written information must be sent to our registered Agent at the following address:
EZ Texas Uncontested Divorces, Inc.,
c/o Curt Davis
6932 Main St., Frisco, TX 75033
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent: (1) Your physical or electronic signature; (2) Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (3) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and (4) Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Dallas, TX, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement. If a counter-notice is received by the Registered Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at the Company's sole discretion. 13.
17. Compliance with Export Restrictions. You may not access, download, use or export the Site, Applications, Courses, Videos or other Materials in violation of United States export laws or regulations or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of any United States or foreign agency or authority and to assume sole responsibility for obtaining licenses to export or re-export as may be required. You acknowledge and agree that the Materials are subject to the United States Export Administration Laws and Regulations and agree that none of the Materials or any direct product therefrom is being or will be acquired for, shipped, transferred or re-exported, directly or indirectly, to proscribed or embargoed countries or their nationals or used for any prohibited purpose.
18. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
19. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
21. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, EZ Texas Uncontested Divorces, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
22. Use of Testimonials and Media Endorsements. The media hosts on the Site endorse EZ Texas as paid spokespeople in our advertising campaigns.
23. Inquiries. BY USING EZ TEXAS'S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE EZ TEXAS SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS TO EZ TEXAS VIA THE EZ TEXAS SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO EZ TEXAS, AND THAT EZ TEXAS MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED OR EMAIL ADDRESS EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
24. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that EZ Texas reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.